Skip to main content

Newton Primary School


   



Newton Primary School

Newton Primary School

The History of Newton Primary School

The school was opened on this site in 1975 with a roll of 112 pupils. The first head teacher was a Mr Tony Mullen. Later extensions improved the cloakrooms and offices and the early years classrooms.

Prior to 1975 Eltisley children attended a school on the A428 between Croxton and Eltisley which was built by George Newton. He was Lord of the Manor, he let the school rent free and paid the school mistress salary until 1928 when the school was transferred to the County Council. The School is named Newton in his memory. Despite the image of the apple tree on the school sign the former Lucasian Professor of Mathematics has no connection with our school!

Newton Primary School website




back to buildings





   
 Eltisley History Society.  Copyright © All Rights Reserved.
 Site Map | Privacy & Cookies | Website by Activ Web Design