Skip to main content

The Beehive


   



Then...

This building was at one time the Beehive Public house. It was part of the Croxton Estate until it was sold in 1944 to Wells & Winch by auction.


...and now

On 30th August 1859 the Publican was Peter Chandler. By 1888 the publicans were Jabez and Elizabeth Haynes. Elizabeth had been born at the Beehive in 1860 and lived there all her life until her death in March 1952 (she was then the villages oldest resident).

It was de-licensed in mid 1960s.




back to buildings





   
 Eltisley History Society.  Copyright © All Rights Reserved.
 Site Map | Privacy & Cookies | Website by Activ Web Design