Skip to main content

The Chapel


   



The Chapel

The Chapel


The History of The Chapel

The Primitive Methodist Chapel was built in 1856 at a cost of £130. The front was extended in 1879. For some 125 years an annual Camp Service was held at the Chapel at the start of Eltisley's Feast Week. The congregation sat outside, facing the green and the village, so that their hymns and prayers could be heard by everyone. Music was provided by the Salvation Army.

In 2010 the Chapel closed and in 2012 it was converted into a private house.

 




back to buildings





   
 Eltisley History Society.  Copyright © All Rights Reserved.
 Site Map | Privacy & Cookies | Website by Activ Web Design